The Shakopee Heritage Society (SHS) is a volunteer organization and is always grateful for its continuing volunteers. As new events occur, we are always in need of new volunteers and always willing to accept any efforts, assistance, or research for scheduled events or meetings. If interested, please contact us.
Scheduled Annual Events
- Shakopee Derby Days (First full weekend in August)
- Bi-Annual Historic Home Tour (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Annual membership “Potluck” Dinner (July)
- General membership meetings (January, April, October)
- Field Trips (Tentative-Summer)
- Share information, artifacts or stories (Anytime)
Thank you to all for your continuing support!
We invite you to become a member, participant, and volunteer in the Shakopee Heritage Society. The Society is open to anyone interested in the history of Shakopee.
Our purpose is to create interest, promote research and to uncover opportunities to share some of the wonderful stories of the 150+ years since Shakopee was formed.
- Quarterly newsletter
- Helping preserve Shakopee’s culture and heritage
- Meeting new people and sharing stories of a common interest
- Quarterly meetings presenting:
- Various programs on the history of homes, families and businesses.
- Reports on research and preservation techniques
- Sharing research successes and failures
Do you want to be a part of history? Now is the time to join the Shakopee Heritage Society!
Historic Photos Displayed at Local Arby’s Restaurant
Guardian Angels Church Tour
Members of the Shakopee Heritage Society tour the historic Guardian Angels Church in Chaska. The church recently had brick work restoration (called “pointing”) done. Because of a SHS donation, members received a personalized tour of the friary.